The biggest billboards or the loudest ads don’t always translate to the best person for the job. Flashy corporate advertising does not guarantee a good result for you the Seller, or the Buyer.
After being in the real estate business for many years I have seen lots of agents come and go. So, here are my Ten Top Tips for weeding out the bad and the ugly and ensuring you have a good Real Estate Agent working for you…
- The Agent’s ability to understand and meet your expectations and your requirements. It should be ALL ABOUT YOU!
- Clear and frank communication: that means actively listening to you as well as giving you timely and honest feedback. Quoting the highest sale price does not mean the sale of your property.
- Professional designation and membership of the real estate institute and the Agent’s investment in ongoing training and professional staff development.
- Flexibility – being able to fit in with your needs and timeframes: when, where, what and how.
- Positive word-of-mouth referrals and relevant current references from previous clients.
- In depth knowledge of the area in which you’re buying or selling your property. How many properties has the agent sold in your local area recently ?
- Team work – many agents work in a competitive and often hostile office environment. You need EVERYONE in the AGENCY onside and working for you.
- Professional processes and administration. A sloppy back office can cost you a sale. Make sure your agent demonstrates good business acumen and management skills.
- Make sure your agent is online. Having a web savvy agent is very important today as over 85% of all buyers initially see their homes online. A real estate agent in today’s world must email, text, and be available to buyers and sellers alike.
- How respected is the agent? You want an agent that will network and work cooperatively with other agents. Seasoned agents tend to know the other agents in the area and have good working relationships with them. This tends to transform into good transactions and you are the winner.
Take Advantage of The Inside Story Realty Difference….
- No upfront marketing costs
- We are available 7 days a week so your property will have the advantage of extended viewings
- Properties are displayed in two offices covering all the Southern Highlands listings
- Small personalised business = quality service
- Our staff have lived in the area for many years and know property selling history and the local market well
- Bowral Office is located at the Milk Factory Gallery complex which opens the door for high pedestrian traffic and is a well-known landmark for locals and tourists alike
- Our qualified database of potential buyers receive our property bulletin fortnightly
Get on board and experience the Inside Story Realty difference now.
Specialising in Buying, Selling and Leasing of Southern Highlands Real Estate